For our Family and Friends both NEAR and FAR! We love you all and hope you enjoy a view into our lives.
10.28.2011
"The BOYZ" (in no particular order)
Kellen and Jakob are each other's best friends. They usually play very well together and enjoy being together. They of course have their moments, but for the most part they are buddies. Kellen is a great big brother, he is helpful with his siblings and he still lets me give him hugs and kisses when I drop him off at school. Jakob is a great "middle child", he is easy going, and also still likes his hugs and kisses. I am blessed to be the one they call "mom".
This summer we went to Palouse Falls. It was a great hike for the kids with a beautiful reward. We did not hike down to the lake, but around to the start of the little falls.
Somehow Kellen got the "fisherman" gene. While in Lake Powell he caught something like 12 fish. Uncle John taught him how to bait, cast and reel in his catch and Kellen did it all.
Kellen is 8! Oh did I mention these pictures are not in any particular order...the birthday is coming. So Kellen is 8 and started Cub Scouts. He is so cute in his shirt. He loved his first day. He is also taking piano lessons. He does very well, however he does not enjoy it as much as playing pretty much anything else. I now appreciate my mom's effort in trying to get me to practice and keep with it.
Now Kellen is 8 in "picture world". He wanted to go bowling, we did not know it was black light bowling, that was a little added bonus.
He wanted a Star Wars dirt cake, so this is it.
We try to teach Kellen how to solve his own problems. This is him doing just that. He was able to get his hat off the shed without injury. I do have to give him props for his creativity.
Jakob's 1st bloody nose. I think he was running up the stairs and hit his nose right on the edge of one. I had to get a picture before the paper towel.
The school had Reptile Man come for a family night. They loved to see his reptiles. The guy was no where near the snake when the boys were holding it. He just left the container open and let the kids pick it up and do whatever. He really trusts that is his GIGANTIC constrictor or python or whatever kind of snake this is would not harm a child.
He was right...no injuries. Just a lot of nervous parents. Kellen came home that night wanting to get a pet snake! NO WAY!
One of the other reptiles. I like this one a lot better!
So I have to tell a story with these next pictures. We have a niece, Heidi. She is a spunky 5 year old that we adore. She is funny and of course so cute. Heidi is also known for her haircuts. From what I hear a lot of little girls are. We would hear "Heidi stories" from Scott's brother (her dad) and we would just laugh. She cut her hair and her little sisters hair often. Scott and I just thought "poor Dan and Andrea", but we loved the "Heidi stories" and always ask for more. So this is what I found one morning when I came downstairs.
No, Heidi was not staying the night. This was the work of my 7 year old boy! I have to say I was quite surprised. Neither one of the boys had ever tried to give haircuts. I was gearing up for Alexis to do it, but never thought the boys would. Kellen was so proud of himself. I guess we have our own "Heidi story"...be careful what you ask for.
Lucky for us, boys' botched haircuts are easy to fix. A shave with a 1/8 inch guard and they were good to go.
Kellen's 1st day of second grade! Where does the time go...
Jakob's 1st day of Kindergarten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea! A post! I'm so glad to see what you guys are up to. your boys are so cute!
That snake is beautiful! Normally I look at snakes and cringe, or get chills all over my body (seriously, even if I'm driving and I see one on the side of the road) but that really is a beautiful snake.
Post a Comment