So we had a very pleasant surprise with a baby girl,we never found out the sex. She was born December 20, 2010 @ 11:33 am. She was 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long. She was Baby Girl Whitemarsh for 2 days. We just wanted the perfect name. Alexis was on the table along with others with no middle name. I feel like if you have a middle name, it should mean something. I wanted a family name but all I had to work with was Sue, June, and Lorena. Two of of the 3 are good names, (I won't say which one I really don't like) they just weren't flowing with Alexis. My mom proposed Noel. Scott and I thought about it, and thought it was the perfect name. Alexis Noel. I am going to get this out there for all the haters of how we spelled Noel. We know NOELLE would have been more feminine, however we wanted Christmas Noel. We weren't sure if we would be able to have another baby. It took us about 2 1/2 years to get pregnant with Alexis; not sure why, other than it just wasn't the time. I swore I would never have a December baby. I guess Heavenly Father had a different plan. She came at the right time, she is a reminder or our blessings, she is our Christmas gift always. Alexis and I came home on December 22 and had a great Christmas with our family.

Alexis' first bath at home, she absolutely hated every minute, I know you can't really tell from this picture. :)

With Grandpa Cook on Christmas Eve.

So she found her thumb! We put a stop to that, she likes the pacifier. I can take the pacifier away, I can't take the thumb away.

Christmas morning in Christmas jammies.

It was great having my mom and dad with us for the holidays. It has been a long time since we have been with them for Christmas and New Years. We spent Christmas Eve at our house with Dan and Andre's family, then we had Christmas dinner at their house.

Little Alexis in her Christmas dress my mom bought years ago. I guess she knew I would have a December baby. Or maybe just hoping.

It was a very busy 2 weeks. At the end of it we blessed Alexis. We wanted my dad here, so we had to do it before he left. We took pre-blessing pictures. She was blessed on January 2.

In the circle was Uncle Dan, Grandpa Whitemarsh, Daddy, Grandpa Cook and Uncle Brent.

Grandpa and Grandma Whitemarsh, Scott, Alexis and I, and Grandma and Grandpa Cook.

Andrea took some pictures of the dress. I made this dress about 9 years ago at Ricks College. I have held on to it and I am very happy we got to use it!


Her brothers love her and find her quite funny. They think all her involuntary movements and faces she makes are at them. They just sit and laugh at her. Kellen loves to hold her, and Jakob whispers "shh baby, it's ok you are with your mommy" while patting her back.

Out little Lexi Bug is 1 month!

In the swing, still a little to little I think.
1 comment:
Congratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL! Really - absolutely gorgeous. And her blessing dress is amazing. You made that?! Wow. Impressive. So glad you got to use it! And how fun to have a girl in the mix! Fun that her brothers enjoy her. And that's really sweet how Jakob talks to her.
Yay! I'm so happy everything went okay -- I mean, it appears to have and you said you were back home in 2 days? I'm going to take that as a "yes." So yeah, congrats on that. Congrats on the girl; congrats on looking great so soon after she was born; congrats on being "put together" enough to post this so soon after having a new baby!
Just sad that I'm not able to see her in person!
Post a Comment