11.05.2008

Our Wet Day at the Puyallup Fair - September 2008

I love this picture (little blurry). Jakob had more fun splashing in the puddles than inside the fair. He was a little unsure of the Puyallup Fair and wanted to be carried and cuddled. Not fun for mom and dad.
The fair had an exhibit of "Animals Around the World", the zebra was the talk of the fair. We also saw baby pigs, huge cows and lots of chickens and goats. Kellen thinks it's funny to make silly faces in all his pictures, so you lucky viewers of this blog will get to see them all.
Another highlight of Jakob's (and all of us) was eating the GIGANTIC ELEPAHNT EARS! Daddy had given Jakob a little taste of the yummy deep fried treat and before we knew it, Jakob was taking matters into his own hands and eating it his way.
So as I mentioned before, Jakob's favorite things at the fair were the food and the puddles. We were those awful parents that put our 2 year old on the roller coaster, knowing he wouldn't like it but just wanted to see what he would do. He went around once and the ride operator stopped the ride to take him off. We did get looks from other parents, but it was pretty funny to watch. If Jakob never grows up loving roller coasters we will know why. Now he has this blog to prove we are horrible parents. Sorry Jakob.

WITHOUT JAKOB!
Kellen on the other hand loved the rides, he could not get enough.

10 comments:

David and Ruth Whitemarsh said...

Hey Kindra! Glad to see you've come over to the "dark side" where all the COOL people are!!! It'll be fun to "see" you more often. Miss you tons! Ruth

Anonymous said...

you rock, how long should i hold out until i cross over? the force is stronger with me, so it may be a while!!! you're a wimp!! i know it was all scott's idea, so you're off the hook, kindra lorena

The Brown Life said...

You are such mean parents! Ha Ha just kidding. I am sure Clint and I would have done the exact same thing. Glad to see your blog. I am excited to see pictures of your fam. Love ya tons

Dr. Roger Barnick, Vancouver Chiroprator said...

Hi Whitemarsh 4 !
My opinion: how are you supposed to know what your kids are going to be terrified about if you don't expose them to a variety of horrible situations? Hmmm... We are moving in 9 days; to Vancouver. We also started a blog last month to keep friends/family updated with our adoption (yep) read about it at
2morebarnicks.blogspot.com

Cook Family said...

Woo Hoo...now I can see pictures whenever I want (as long as you keep this up)! By the way, I am stealing the Barnick site too. So good to see you guys are having fun. Miss you lots!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kindra-
HOORAY! Love it! So cute. I need to create one I guess! Love ya!
Mel JE

Andrea said...

You did it!!

Fressia Vaughn said...

That's hilarious! I too would stick my two-year old on it. No doubt. Cute blog Kindra! I'm very proud!

Anonymous said...

Kindra , that's an awesome scarecrow outfit, I can picture scott holding it up and making hime cry. Funny. maybe a little sailor outfit would have been less scary for him!!! -Tari

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the pictures. Looks like you are having lots of fun...props for torturing Jakob on the roller coaster experience. Maybe next year he'll LOVE it! :)
Love ya!
Linz